[announce] Sept 8 meeting: Extreme scripting with KSH and AWK

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Tue Aug 17 13:22:04 EDT 2021

Note the meeting is the SECOND Wednesday, not the first as usual.

***

Extreme scripting with KSH and AWK, G Clifford Williams
2021-09-08 @ 18:45 - Zoom

Have you ever wanted to learn AWK? I mean, really really dig in and be
able to do things with AWK that most people didn't know was possible? If
your answer was "YEAH!!", calm down it's just scripting not saving the
planet or anything. If your answer was "no", tough toggle switches
because that's what we'll be covering. We're going to push AWK to its
limits and beyond. Then we'll do the exact same with a specific shell
command dialect known as KSH93/Korn Shell.

Obviously time won't allow us to cover every corner of the language in
depth but you'll definitely learn enough to get up and running on your
own with plenty of resources to help fill in the gaps. When I say up and
running think "...with scissors". We'll start right off with the
powerful features using no safety nets. This goes beyond "tips and
tricks" and directly to the extreme.

We encourage questions and even wildly incorrect opinions before the
meeting on the talk@ mailing list and on IRC at libera.net #nycbug.

For Zoom meeting details, email to rsvp AT lists.nycbug.org, and details
will be sent on the day of the meeting. Q&A will be via IRC on
libera.chat, channel #nycbug