[BSDCert] Questions for Evan
jon.drews at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 08:31:03 EDT 2005
1) How many LPI Tests are administered each month?
2) In which countries is certification held in low regard? In what
countries is it deemed most desirable?
3) On a percentage basis, I see (from your FAQ) that LPI level 1
examinations (101 and 102) greatly outnumber the LPI level 2, by about
10 to 1. Can we expect a similar trend for BSD certification? Should
we concentrate on a crafting a good entry level certification at
first? NOTE: Our survey respondents requested an exam track: an entry
level exam followed by more specialized tests.
4) How do we "beta test" the exams ?
5) I understand that the testing facilities use Windows computers.
Does LPI use Knoppix at commercial test centers? Is it reasonable to
hope that FreeSBIE or NetBSD Live CD's could be booted to produce a
temporary BSD environment? Do you think the test centers would allow
6) For small companies ( < 50 people), my perception is that the "sys
admin" is a regular employee conscripted to maintain the computers, in
addition to their regular duties. There is no full time sys admin. Can
certification be of value to these people? If they were computer
hobbyists can the certification delineate the material they need to
7) Did LPI poll CIOs, CTOs, etc, in terms of what they want from a cert?
More information about the BSDCert