[BSDCert] Request for Help- Cover Graphic Needed
jpb at sixshooter.v6.thrupoint.net
Sat Aug 13 18:25:24 EDT 2005
Work on the roadmap document is progressing and should be ready to publish
shortly. We'd like to use another professional looking cover page graphic
for this document, similar to but different from the one that was used in
the Task Survey Analysis Report.
If you're a graphic artist or have some flair with image editing, we
invite you to send in a submission!
Here are the guidelines:
1. Please submit a URL to your image for review. The actual image must be
in .png (Portable Network Graphics) format.
2. The image size should be slightly less than 7 inches wide by 9.5 inches
tall (17.5cm x 24cm). It should fit easily into an Open Office
document (OOwriter) page in portrait mode on Letter size paper, without
3. We would like to keep a mostly similar color scheme as the survey results
document (done by Michael Welsh) but the choice of a graphic and text
placement is up to you. See
for the graphic used in the survey results document.
4. The Abstract text is contained below, and must appear somewhere on
5. A professional look (no animations, kiddie art, etc.) is highly
desirable. This roadmap should look good sitting on the desk of any
6. BSD project mascots/logos/labels are not desired on the cover page.
7. You agree that your submission does not infringe on any existing trade
or serve mark. You retain copyright of the image but allow it to be
used for the BSD Certification Group roadmap publication. In addition, the
creator of the chosen submission will be credited on the copyright page
of that document.
8. URLs to the submissions need to be posted to this list and received by
midnight, August 19th. (yes, that's less than one week from now). If
there are multiple submissions, a voting mechanism will be posted with
voting occurring on Saturday, August 20.
9. The title is: BSD Certification Program Roadmap
Thanks in advance for your help and support!
Abstract text below. Format is variable.
The certification program roadmap of the BSD Certification Group.
This publication introduces the proposed BSD system administrator
certifications and the construction of the certification program.
It discusses the targeted audience and the objectives for the
curriculum and testing methodology subgroups. It also includes
estimated time frames for certification program development.
More information about the BSDCert