[BSDcert] Tasks for Jr
Jerry B. Altzman
jbaltz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 10:48:32 EST 2005
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:39:00 -0500, Mikel King <mikel.king at ocsny.com> wrote:
> So what do you expect jr to do day one, ok within the first two weeks or so?
This is a great question that should have been asked at the top!
You hit on a bunch of tasks. When I've hired "junior" sysadmins, we
expected them to know:
- how to install software
- how to cleanlyshutdown the system
- how to stop and start basic system services
- how to find configuration files for basic system services
- how to perform a basic install of the O/S to specs given to them.
- how to configure a machine's basic networking services (IP address +
netmask, gateway, nameservers)
Everything else was pretty much OJT, but if they couldn't answer those
basic questions they weren't getting the job.
> Mikel King
jerry b. altzman jbaltz at gmail.com
foo mane padme hum
More information about the BSDCert