[BSDCert] registration open for BSDA beta

Dru dlavigne6 at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 24 14:11:32 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

The registration form for the BSDA beta is now available at:

http://beta.bsdcertification.org:8080/bsdsme/registration

When registering, please use an email address which will be valid
throughout May as it may be used to advise you of the testing room
location or any last minute changes in time or location.

After registration, you should receive a confirmation email. If you don't,
check your mail logs and your spam filter--if still no email, contact me.

Make sure the fullname you use matches your photo ID and that you bring
photo ID with you to the exam. The proctor will need to verify that ID
before allowing you into the examination room.

Remember that the beta is used to collect psychometric data which is used
to determine if the exam questions match the exam objectives and reflect
the intended exam audience (junior BSD sysadmin). Please familiarize
yourself with the exam objectives before taking the beta exam. They are
available for download from:

http://www.bsdcertification.org/downloads/pr_20051005_certreq_bsda_en_en.pdf

For those unable to participate at the listed beta locations, I'd like to
stress that this is just the beta--we are working towards having the live
exam available at any geographic location. Depending upon how many people
participate in this beta and the quality of the psychometric data collected,
additional beta locations may be required.

Some location specific details:

For those taking the exam at BSDCan, we are aiming for a time that will
reduce the likelihood of missing talks. I will bring this up for discussion
on the bsdcan mailing list
(http://lists.bsdcan.org/mailman/listinfo/bsdcan-announce).

For those taking the exam at LinuxTag, Taki from LPI has donated room
space, but we won't know the actual room numbers until the day before or
the day of the exams. Axel Gruner will email you the room info once it is
known. You can also find Axel at the *BSD booth at LinuxTag.

For those taking the exam in Brazil, Kele from FreeBSDBrasil will contact
you a few days before the exam to provide directions to the testing site.

Please direct any questions regarding the beta process either to the list
for discussion (preferable) or to myself.

Good luck to those participating in the beta.

Dru