[BSDCert] bsdwiki BSDA study guide status report
Jeremy C. Reed
reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Feb 27 10:13:54 EST 2007
Below is the sixth status report for the bsdwiki BSDA study guide. This is
a project to write a printed book. See http://bsdwiki.reedmedia.net/wiki
This is an open project -- the content (and its revision history) is
available and BSD licensed for your use.
Note that it has been going very well, but this is only because a few
authors have taken on an extra amount of work. I was hoping to freeze this
project on Wednesday so I could focus on the final book layout without
having content continually changing. But I may need to extend this.
The book is very close to being finished at least for the first printing.
It looks like it is near 85% complete.
We need some peer review / technical review. Please signup to review some
topics. Around 69 topics need someone to sign up as a reviewer -- most of
these are already written. If they are or aren't written, please share
your feedback on what it should cover answering the question: "What would
I expect a junior admin to know about these objectives and demonstrate
usage of these commands?"
(If you don't want to sign up, feel free to email me directly with your
Thank again to all that are helping.
Sixth Status Report -- February 27, 2007
* 67 people registered as wiki users
* 934 commits (wiki updates) by 36 users
* 16 users with at least 5 commits
* 6 users with at least 25 commits
* 50 sections have an author signed up (15 total authors)
* 40 sections have at least one technical reviewer signed up (14 total
* 71 sections have at least an author or technical reviewer signed up
* List of topics needing someone to sign up:
* approximately 88 sections have topic in progress
* approximately 38 sections have significant content (and maybe almost
* 104 sections total -- all with concept prewritten
* approximately 10 sections have new content that do not have an
author or technical reviewer assigned
* 21 PDF files generated
* book is 199 total printed pages, 188 content pages, 3 page index
* 2070 PDF files downloaded
* Table of Contents wiki page downloaded 2405 times
More information about the BSDCert