[CDBUG-talk] Asus Eee

James L. Lauser james at jlauser.net
Sun Nov 11 17:59:13 EST 2007

Hi all.  I picked up an Asus EeePC 701.  My intention was to put FreeBSD
on it, but I ran into some issues with networking.  Apparently there is
a beta driver for the wired NIC, but the wireless NIC is what I was
really trying to get working.  It's an Atheros card, but apparently the
version of the chipset is not supported by the ath driver, even in 7.0.

Right now I have it running Ubuntu Linux, until I hear something about
someone else getting it working under FreeBSD, at which point I will
probably switch back.

It's a pretty neat machine, and I'll be bringing it to the next meeting,
if anyone's interested.

--

--  James L. Lauser
    james at jlauser.net