[Jobs] [nylug-job] VMware, Inc. seeks Technical Account Manager (VMw
msettro at ix.netcom.com
Sat Apr 9 15:09:45 EDT 2005
Submitted via http://jobs.nylug.org
* JobID: #274
* Submitted On: 2005-04-08 14:01:50
* Company: VMware, Inc.
* Contact: W. Sage,
* Email: wsage at VMware.com
* Url: http://www.vmware.com/
* Phone: Not Specified
* Fax: Not Specified
* Reference No: nylug-001
* Title: Technical Account Manager (VMw
* Salary: Commensurate With Experience
* Description: Technical Account Manager (NYC Tri-State Area)
VMware, an EMC company (NYSE: EMC), is the global leader in virtual infrastructure software for industry-standard systems. The world's largest companies use VMware solutions to simplify their IT, fully leverage their existing computing investments and respond faster to changing business demands. VMware is based in Palo Alto, California.
As one of our Technical Account Managers (TAM), you will be responsible for building and maintaining post-sales relationships with VMwareâs largest and most complex customers. These customers are typically Fortune 50 accounts adopting VMware virtualization software across their data centers. You will serve as a project manager to ensure successful implementations and as an account manager to ensure that the customers serve as a positive reference and continue their standardization on VMware technology. Additionally, you will become the customerâs single point of contact into all of VMware. As such, your technical abilities are critical in identifying solutions, troubleshooting issues, and answering technical questions as they arise.
* Provide project leadership for the customerâs major VMware initiatives. This would include project management functions and solutions architecting functions.
* Manage cross-functional VMware project teams, which could consist of VMware consultants, engineers, marketing, and support staff.
* Design and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements using our server and desktop products, with assistance from our internal engineering group and consulting architects as required.
* Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line.
* Manage and drive competing requests across simultaneous client engagements.
* Provide clear and constructive product feedback to VMware Product Management teams based on customer requirements.
* Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions.
* Function as a frontline technical resource for âbest practiceâ and informal customer questions.
VMware offers great compensation, work-life balance, health insurance coverage, insurance for your financial protection, and savings/investment plans. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, and 401(k).
For work-life balance, plan on 8 paid holidays and 3 float holidays each calendar year, three weeks of personal time off (PTO) beginning your first year, as well as additional PTO granted with years of service. There is freedom in planning the workday with flexible start and stop times subject to the company's needs.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
VMware is an equal opportunity employer that values the strengths diversity brings to the workplace.
Please submit your resume in .doc format to wsage at VMware.com.
New York City, NY
More information about the Jobs