[Jobs] [nylug-job] HotLinuxJobs seeks Senior Linux PS Consultant
msettro at ix.netcom.com
Wed Aug 24 15:13:05 EDT 2005
Posted via http://jobs.nylug.org
# JobID: #341
# Submitted On: 2005-08-24 14:15:51
# Company: HotLinuxJobs
# Contact: Rob Jones,
# Email: rob at hotlinuxjobs.com
# Url: http://www.hotlinuxjobs.com
# Phone: Not Specified
# Fax: Not Specified
# Title: Senior Linux PS Consultant
# Salary: Not Specified
HotLinuxJobs is currently recruiting for a Senior Linux PS Consultant for a client in NYC. Provide technical expertise to clients accounts. In this position you will install, configure, and integrate clients products into the Enterprise Data Center. You will be required to manage the implementation project from start to end independently.
Become knowledge center within the company around clients products and their implementation in real customer environments.
* Plan integration of clients products into specific customer environments in a way that will suit the customer needs and apply clients goals. This includes definition of tasks, proper documentation, and standard estimates
* Individually implement integration projects where clients products are being evaluated or deployed.
* Assist in the development of clients products by providing customer feedback in a timely and effective manner, and by productizing some of the integration work to be built into the product offering.
* Develop and maintain the internal and external product knowledge base.
* Respond to customer inquiries through email and phone. Research customer problem, reproduce it, troubleshoot it, and report results to R&D and PM.
* Provide internal staff training and external customer training.
* Participate in product certification process.
# Required Skills:
At least 5 years of hands on experience with Linux at the administration level.
* At least 3 years of experience in working in Professional Services organizations or another customer facing position such as SE
* Strong understanding and familiarity with modern Enterprise Data Center - tools used, policies, infrastructure, etc.
* Experience in designing, planning and implementing customer integration projects.
* Strong familiarity and understanding of the Systems Management concepts, including vendors, tools, and standards.
* Experience with Network and Storage management concepts and tools is a plus.
* Very strong Bash scripting and other scripting skills. Programming experience in Java and C/C++ is a plus.
* Strong understanding of commonly used protocols including DHCP, TFTP, DNS, PXE, NFS, SNMP, and HTTP etc.
* Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
* These products are made and sold worldwide, and travel will be required.
* B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent practical technical training
* Experience providing support for Linux environments and/or applications to Enterprise customers.
New York City, NY
More information about the Jobs