[Jobs] [nylug-job] NYC Client seeks Senior Systems Administrator, NYC
msettro at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 6 14:11:34 EST 2005
Posted via http://jobs.nylug.org
# JobID: #379
# Submitted On: 2005-12-05 10:53:35
# Company: NYC Client
# Contact: Beau Gould,
# Email: beau at superiorss.com
# Url: www.superiorss.com
# Phone: Not Specified
# Fax: Not Specified
# Title: Senior Systems Administrator, NYC
# Salary: Not Specified
Under general direction, the Senior Systems Administrator performs a variety of complex professional duties in providing information systems and technology support for the achievement of corporate, division and department missions and objectives. Senior System Administrators should maintain operating stability and efficiency while ensuring the security of TSOâs server systems and infrastructure; conduct necessary technology research; recommend, deploy and configure new hardware and software; provide user training and support as necessary; and perform related duties.
# Required Skills:
* Responsible for installation, configuration, administration, and system security of a multi-platform operating system environments that can include Microsoft Windows, UNIX, VMS and Vendor Specific Appliances; adheres to strong (industry standard) systems administration techniques and procedures.
* Works with Networks, Desktop Support, Security, System Engineering, etc. to establish the standards of system architecture, data communications, and system security; disseminates those standards to TSO for program wide compliance.
* Provides Tier 2/3 support for hardware and software problems associated with severs, workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices and remote access equipment.
* SupervTSOs the installation, documentation, and maintenance of software supported in all TSO computer activities and disseminates this to other systems staff.
* Responsible for changes, upgrades and the introduction of new technologies to the production environment. To that end, develops implementation plans and maintains project schedules and deliverables while working within budget guidelines.
* Aids in the creation and maintenance of required network, system, security, and user documentation, for staff use and compliance support.
* Administration of e-mail, DNS, file sharing, user applications, and/or other systems and services as needed.
* Engages in personal professional development to stay current with the demands of the position; is a positive influence for the effective use of technology and performs additional related duties as assigned by management.
* Participates in 24x7 emergency and on-call support rotations as required.
5+ years of hands-on experience with server applications in a Microsoft networked environment.
High level of expertTSO in the following areas:
* Windows 2000/2003 Server
* Active Directory management
* Security management, including Group Policy Objects
* Administrative scripting (highly preferred)
* Exchange 2000/2003 administration
* UNIX system administration
* Strong troubleshooting skills with hardware and software;
* Practical experience with Microsoft systems and Linux or UNIX systems;
* Practical experience with LAN/WAN network administration;
* Strong project management and documentation skills;
* High level of self motivation and dedication;
* Able to see activities and tasks through to completion.
* Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills;
* Demonstrated ability to be a team player and willingness to lend a hand to other system administrators;
* MCSA 2003 required;
* Ability to solve problems quickly and completely;
* Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them;
* A solid understanding of Microsoft-based and UNIX-based operating systems; understands paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and what device drivers do, filesystem concepts ("inode", "superblock"), can use performance analysis tools to tune systems;
* Ability to program in an administrative language (Tk, Perl, a shell), to port C programs from one platform to another, and to write small C programs;
* A degree in computer science or a related field;
* Extensive programming background in any applicable language;
* 5 years experience in administering 2000/2003, XP and Unix environment
This is a full time, salaried, on-site position in NYC. Please be a tri-state resident and a US citizen and/or green card holder.
Please send resume and salary requirement to beau at superiorss.com
New York City, NY
More information about the Jobs