[Jobs] [nylug-job] Google Inc. seeks Cluster Systems Administrator
msettro at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jul 15 21:01:00 EDT 2005
Published via http://jobs.nylug.org
* JobID: #323
* Submitted On: 2005-07-15 19:06:16
* Company: Google Inc.
* Contact: Jeff Polo,
* Email: jpolo at google.com
* Url: http://www.google.com
* Phone: Not Specified
* Fax: Not Specified
* Title: Cluster Systems Administrator
* Salary: Not Specified
* Description: Google's Cluster Operations team is looking for talented system administrators to help administer Google's complex, proprietary clustering technologies. Literally thousands of Linux servers power the technology behind Google.com, and it's a real challenge to administer these effectively. Google's Cluster Operations team needs seasoned system administrators to automate complex tasks across a huge cluster.
* Required Skills:
o Automation of tasks as much as possible through the development of scripts and administration tools.
o Configuration of system and network parameters.
o Monitoring of system stability and performance.
o Ensuring 24x7 operation of our cluster.
o Comprehensive documentation of our procedures.
o B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
o 4+ years experience with Linux.
o Intimate knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
o Strong programming and scripting ability (Python, Perl, bash).
o Excellent verbal and written skills.
o Outstanding customer service abilities.
New York City, NY
* Furthermore: Positions available in: Mountain View, CA; New York, NY; Kirkland, WA; Dublin, Ireland; and Zurich, Switzerland.
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of your resume to jpolo at google.com. Important: The subject field of your email must include Cluster Systems Administrator
More information about the Jobs