[Jobs] [nylug-job] Cmed Research Inc seeks Technical Support Person
msettro at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 15 09:35:05 EDT 2005
Published via http://jobs.nylug.org
* JobID: #304
* Submitted On: 2005-06-14 12:55:34
* Company: Cmed Research Inc
* Contact: Geoff Low,
* Email: job_us_tech02 at cmedltd.com
* Url: http://www.cmedresearch.com
* Phone: Not Specified
* Fax: Not Specified
* Reference No: JOB_US_TECH02
* Title: Technical Support Person
* Salary: Not Specified
Cmed Inc (www.cmedresearch.com) is a small global company
providing clinical resourcing services to some of the worlds leading
pharmaceutical producers. We develop and use our own bespoke product for
the collection and management of clinical trial data. Our company motto
is 'Driven by Technology, guided by experience'. To explain in more
detail the company was formed by pharma professionals with experience of
the industry combined with technologists from the UK's leading
University in Oxford. Knowing the problems the industry had
traditionally suffered we used our cutting edge technologists to deliver
the worlds leading intelligent data capture and management tools.
Cmed Inc is currently seeking a Technical Support Person. The
successful applicant will have a reasonable amount of experience with
(preferably) Debian or Ubuntu Linux. Any Perl or Python experience will
be beneficial. The applicant will be responsible for the building and
configuration of custom appliances as well as servers.
The applicant should have experience with basic network
infrastructure and will be expected to assume some network management
responsibilities. Any experience with Citrix will be useful. The
applicant will also be expected to carry out some Windows Desktop
You will be assisting one technical support person in our US
* Required Skills:
1. Install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain Debian/Ubuntu
2. Install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain remote server
3. Manage performance tuning and best practices
4. Plan and maintain backup and recovery for the servers.
5. Maintain passwords, data integrity and file system security.
6. Participate in development of information technology and
7. Manage server hardware and software inventory.
8. Will provide end user support for both Employees and
9. Some travel to clients locations will be necessary.
10. Windows desktop support.
1. 3+ years experience with Linux based systems computing
(Debian or Ubuntu preferred, but other distributions are acceptable)
2. Must be familiar with standard network concepts, practices
3. Must be able to communicate technical information to both
technical and non-technical personnel.
4. Good interpersonal skills are essential to job role.
New Providence, NY
More information about the Jobs