[Jobs] [nylug-job] Ivory Systems seeks Unix/Linux Admin - Vulnerability Threat Mgr.
msettro at ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 16 17:06:05 EDT 2005
Posted via http://jobs.nylug.org
* JobID: #352
* Submitted On: 2005-09-16 16:23:54
* Company: Ivory Systems
* Contact: Adam Shandler,
* Email: adam at ivorysystems.com
* Url: http://www.ivorysystems.com
* Phone: 973-993-1300, x
* Fax: Not Specified
* Reference No: ADS-246C
* Title: Unix/Linux Admin - Vulnerability Threat Mgr.
* Salary: Based on Contract
* Description: Ivory Systems has a longterm contract opportunity with one of our big-time banking clients. We're looking for a Unix/Linux admin with a background in vulnerability management/assessment and preferably some scripting (Korn and Perl.)
The position will be based in either Weehawken or NYC for the first 3 months, then move out to either Melville, NY or Warren, NJ - candidate's choice.
Below are the details. Please email Word doc resumes and hourly rate requirements (indicate W-2 or 1099) to adam at ivorysystems.com
Feel free to pass on to those who might be interested.
Title: CRM/Integration â VTM Position
Department Name: Web Support Group
The Web Support Group provides a centrally managed web-hosting environment for over 550 Web Based applications. This group plays a key role in the systems support, integration and delivery of Web Based applications across NA CIB.
1) Design the technical implementation of VTM (Vulnerability Threat Management) tracking of Middleware components across all of WHG (AOSS)
a) Design scalable process to feed from corporate tracking database and map to WHG installed components across all support functions.
b) Execute process for identifying components, vulnerabilities, servers (include both packaged and unpackaged components [wrapped/un-wrapped])
c) Collection, collation, and formatting of information for weekly reports
2) Lead effort to integrate WHG VTM scanning, remediation and convergence reporting with enterprise-wide system
Maintain and enhance process and technology to:
Extract VTM items from the corporate system Extract installed components list from all WHG servers (WINTEL/UNIX) Maintain the installed component list Maintain and track EOL (end of life dates) for installed components Reconcile and report on open and closed vulnerabilities.
Qualified applicants will have the opportunity to apply for other positions within other Citigroup organizations.
* Required Skills: TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
UNIX/WINTEL understanding (Win2k/Solaris/RH Linux)
SYS V/RPM Packaging knowledge
WINTEL WRAP knowledge (hfnetchk etc)
Scripting experience [UNIX and DOS]
Database experience (ANSI SQL)
Web middleware experience (iPlanet/Apache/Jrun/Weblogic/Websphere)
Experience with large scale integration and hosting environments
NON-TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
Strong customer and quality-focus is a must Sound problem resolution, judgment, and decision-making skills required
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
Excellent communication skills both written and oral
Self starter and ability to work in a team environment
Hard working and self-motivated. Able to work effectively under pressure.
New York City, NY
More information about the Jobs