[jobs] [nylug-job] Logicworks seeks Systems Administrator / Network Administrator
msettro at ix.netcom.com
Thu Apr 6 08:41:11 EDT 2006
Posted via http://jobs.nylug.org - not sure if this was published out...
* JobID: #428
* Submitted On: 2006-03-31 18:11:39
* Company: Logicworks
* Contact: Stephanie,
* Email: nrt-resume-nylug at logicworks.net
* Url: http://www.logicworks.net
* Phone: Not Specified
* Fax: Not Specified
* Title: Systems Administrator / Network Administrator
* Salary: Commensurate With Experience
* Description: Logicworks, a managed hosting provider in lower Manhattan has a position available for a Network Response Team Engineer in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with opportunities for advancement. Logicworks is currently hiring for a position with Systems Administration and Network Administration duties, with a title of Network Response Team Engineer.
Duties would include:
-- Monitoring servers and dedicated access lines for connectivity and responding to alerts from monitoring systems.
-- Handling calls in the Network Operations Center queue and responding to client e-mail.
-- providing general support, troubleshooting issues, and opening service request tickets.
-- Imaging and initial configuration of Linux and Windows servers; adding servers into monitoring and administrative systems.
-- Supporting services related to managed dedicated hosting (DNS, traffic analysis, firewall configuration, load balancer configuration, VPN).
-- Configuration of services on clients' dedicated servers (Apache or IIS configuration, Sendmail and other mail related configuration, installation of perl modules, etc.)
-- General troubleshooting of issues with T1 lines, opening tickets for problem circuits with vendor.
-- Occasional hands-on work in a datacenter location.
-- Other tasks and extended projects as assigned.
* Required Skills: A successful candidate for this position will preferably have experience in assembling and troubleshooting hardware and operating systems and have a general understanding of network related issues. Candidate should have familiarity with Enterprise RedHat Linux and Windows 2003. Applicant should be able to demonstrate the ability to diagnose and resolve server issues. Certifications (RHCE, CCNA, MCSE) are a plus, but not necessary.
Strong self-motivation, a desire to learn about Internet-related issues, and the ability to balance several tasks at once and follow them through to completion are necessary. Good communication skills and ability to work closely with others are also essential. Applicants must be willing to work a combination of day and night shifts on weekdays and weekends.
New York City, NY
More information about the jobs