[Jobs] [nylug-job] Leading Network Security Compa seeks Software Engineer
msettro at ix.netcom.com
Thu Feb 23 12:18:08 EST 2006
Posted via http://jobs.nylug.org
Submitted On: 2006-02-22 16:52:05
Company: Leading Network Security Compa
Contact: Artisan Consulting,
Email: resume at artisanconsult.com
Title: Software Engineer
Salary: Not Specified
Fulltime. Based in Seattle, WA. This is a really great opportunity but unfortunately, no relocation is offered.
Our client is a is a network security product company that is delivering the next generation of network access control solutions.
They have openings for experienced Senior and Junior Software Engineers to join the development team. Duties include rapid development of new products and creativity / problem solving skills will be integral to project challenges.
The chosen candidate will be part of an elite, friendly and talented team. You are guaranteed to learn something new every day and you'll never be bored!
- Expert level C and/or C++ developer (Linux Environment really preferred, but Win32 developers are not excluded)
- Network management technologies such as SNMP, RADIUS, LDAP, VMPS, IEEE 802.1x, DHCP, DNS
- Network algorithm design such as firewalls, VPNs, filters, proxies.
- Network standards and protocols such as TCP/IP, Ethernet, Virtual LANs, Spanning Tree, Bridging, Routing, NAT, QoS, Multicast, Wi-Fi.
Other Desirable Skills/Background:
- Extensive experience with Unix/Linux system software development.
- Does this stuff for fun in their spare time anyway.
- Integration skills: being able to take 3rd party or free software, make it do new tricks, and integrate it into a bullet-proof appliance.
- Software engineering skills: Comfortable with planning, specifying, and participating in configuration management and change management processes.
- Familiarity with inter-process communication, concurrency techniques, performance optimization.
- Detail oriented, Good multitasking and priority management skills
- Fast, independent learner
- Excellent health coverage for entire family including medical, dental, vision, prescriptions.
- 401k plan
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Three or more years experience in a professional software development organization.
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
Furthermore: Interested Candidates should mail resumes to: resume at artisanconsult.com
More information about the Jobs