[Jobs] [nylug-job] OSS Client seeks Sr. Ops Eng, Harrisburg, PA | 65-85k | Paid Relocation!
msettro at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 8 08:38:34 EST 2006
Posted via http://jobs.nylug.org
* JobID: #414
* Submitted On: 2006-03-08 02:04:28
* Company: OSS Client
* Contact: Beau Gould,
* Email: beau at open-source-staffing.com
* Url: http://www.open-source-staffing.com
* Phone: Not Specified
* Fax: Not Specified
* Title: Sr. Ops Eng, Harrisburg, PA | 65-85k | Paid Relocation!
* Salary: Not Specified
Sr. Ops Eng, Harrisburg, PA | 65-85k | Paid Relocation!
Client will pay full relocation expenses for the right candidate.
Don't worry if you do not have ALL of the required/desired skills/experience. I will still consider you for this opportunity as will my client.
Industry leading software integration firm has immediate opening for a Senior Operations Engineer
This is a client facing role and the applicant will be required to plan, install and support network, hardware and software installations at customer sites on behalf of the company. The infrastructure will support the server and client side applications deployed by the company on behalf of the client.
* The planning, documentation and specification of network and hardware infrastructures that will support the company's products and projects within customer sites.
* Plan and manage the agreed infrastructure deployment. Provide time and cost estimates.
* Implementation of the of the agreed infrastructure
* networks, firewalls, servers, operation systems, application server software and client side software within the client site and the development environment deployed within the company offices.
* Operation, administration and support of the deployed infrastructure within the client site and the development environment deployed with the company offices.
* Support test teams in performing infrastructure, performance and stress testing.
* Support development teams build deployments within the live, staging and development infrastructures.
* Participate in project planning, strategic network planning, tactical operation planning, security and the development of contingency operation plans.
* Establish close working relationships with the project\product manager, development teams and clients.
* Development, implementation and auditing of standards, policies and procedures in relation to the specification and deployment of client infrastructures.
* Participate in implementation, management and support of the company's infrastructure.
* Document a client's infrastructure and periodically review the documentation to ensure that it is correct and up to date.
* Administer and maintain, company-client business support systems in relation to client infrastructure.
* Assist with the development of business processes to ensure that service level agreements with external customer and internal company requirements are maintained.
A Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
* Required Skills:
* Experience specifying, deploying and managing network and hardware infrastructures.
* Senior level experience with Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
* Senior level experience planning, configuring and managing network firewalls, hubs and switches.
* Senior level experience with J2EE application servers in particular IBM Websphere.
* Senior level experience with database servers in particular IBM DB2.
* WebLogic or JBoss would be an advantage but not essential.
* MS SQL, mySQL or Oracle would be an advantage but not essential.
* Application Server knowledge and/or experience with WebLogic and JBoss would be an advantage but not essential.
* Experience with databases would be an advantage but not essential e.g. MS SQL, mySQL, Oracle or DB2.
* Up to-date knowledge of network and server equipment.
* Strong project management skills, especially in deploying live end-user systems.
* Proven technical troubleshooting experience.
* Excellent analytic ability and strong communication skills.
* Strong oral and written communications are a must - you will be working with the company's software teams to take their products live and maintain them, and work with engineers and non-technical staff at all levels in the organization.
* Occasional travel to the company's headquarters in Dublin, Ireland
* Onsite assistance in other company projects within the USA.
Client will pay full relocation expenses for qualified candidate. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.A.
If you are interested in this position, please submit resume, a paragraph or cover letter highlighting your experience as it pertains to this job and your salary requirement to beau at open-source-staffing.com
More information about the Jobs