[jobs] [nylug-job] Opsware seeks Consulting Engineer
msettro at ix.netcom.com
Thu Mar 16 12:47:18 EST 2006
Posted via http://jobs.nylug.org
* JobID: #420
* Submitted On: 2006-03-15 21:52:14
* Company: Opsware
* Contact: Doug Pitek,
* Email: dpitek at opsware.com
* Url: http://opsware.com
* Phone: 212-418-4849
* Fax: Not Specified
* Title: Consulting Engineer
* Salary: Commensurate With Experience
* Deploy the Opsware System on client premises (significant travel required).
* Customize and extend Opsware based on customer's business requirements.
* Work with customer to deploy large scale, business critical applications using Opsware.
* Develop Python scripts, shell scripts, VB scripts, and batch files for automation of system and application administration.
* Develop custom applications using the Opsware APIs and industry standard programming languages such as Python, Perl, SH, or Java to meet client's business needs.
* Define and communicate customer-driven product enhancements to the Engineering group.
* Debugging of low level operating system, networking, and application problems.
* Increase capacity for customers to use, administer, and customize Opsware independently.
* Package client's custom technology and applications for use with Opsware.
* Required Skills:
* Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of and hands on experience in the following areas:
* System administration and debugging experience on at least two of the following platforms: Solaris, Linux, AIX, HP-UX, BSD, and Windows.
* Network configuration and troubleshooting on large IP networks. DNS and DHCP administration experience a plus.
* Automation of common tasks with Perl, Python, shell scripts, VB script and batch files.
* Experience with software packaging (e.g. RPM, MSI, etc.) and software distribution.
* Ability to work with customer teams with strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent work experience or knowledge.
Experience in the following areas is a plus:
* Software development experience. Experience with Python or Java a plus.
* US government active security clearance or the ability to be cleared for government work a major plus.
* Database experience a plus, especially Oracle. SQL is a plus. Crystal Reports is a plus.
* Application technologies including IBM WebSphere, BEA WebLogic, JBOSS, .NET framework, etc.
* Common internet protocols including HTTP, SSL, and SOAP/XML-RPC/Web Services.
New York City, NY 10018
More information about the jobs