[jobs] FreeBSD/Unix System Administrator
lists at edge1.net
Thu Aug 9 19:39:45 EDT 2007
I am currently looking for a Unix Systems Administrator to work in a NYC
based office. The Unix System Administrator will serve as part of the
Paltalk.com Systems team to maintain and support the company's LAN/WAN,
security, servers, and systems along with desktop support.
Position responsibilities include:
* Monitor routers, switches, firewalls, servers and other network equipment
utilizing existing network management software
* Manage Unix server farms to include installing updates, running
vulnerability scans, installing software etc.
* Light management of windows servers
* Maintain and update trouble ticket system with all activities
* Install, troubleshoot, build, and configure workstations for employees
* Install, troubleshoot, and configure servers in datacenter environment
* Office desktop user support and troubleshooting
* Upgrade and audit existing office and datacenter environments continually
* Document any and all new or current projects you work on
* Assist in any other technology related tasks that may be assigned to you.
Your primary task will be to manage unix servers with secondary task of
providing end user support/helpdesk to those based out of the NYC office.
* Must be US Citizen
* 2+ years in freebsd/unix server administration
* 1+ years in windows server administration
* 2+ years in desktop support/helpdesk
* Programming ability in at least php/mysql
* Intermediate to advanced familiarity with freebsd/unix
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work
well in a team environment or alone.
* The initiative and responsibility to take care of tasks and issues as they
arise or as you become aware of them
* Good administrative and organizational skills for documentation and
Not Required but big plus's:
* Advanced FreeBSD skills
* Microsoft/sql/unix certs
* $40-75k starting salary DOE
* 2 weeks paid vacation
* Company cell phone
* Medical and dental benefits
* 2 personal days 5 sick days /year
* The ability to work with the largest and fastest growing voice/video chat
network in the world
I am looking to hire someone immediately. No relocation is available.
Email resumes to me @ itjobs at corp.paltalk.com
**A very strong preference will be given to combat veterans or prior US
military service candidates
More information about the jobs