[jobs] NYC Linux/FreeBSD System Administrator
sysadmin-job-201109 at smint.us
Tue Sep 20 11:14:16 EDT 2011
Linux/FreeBSD Systems Administrator
Scrollmotion, a leading App development company, is seeking a
Linux/FreeBSD system administrator to work out of it's New York office.
Mix of Ubuntu Linux and FreeBSD (mostly Ubuntu). Most servers are VMs
hosted at Rackspace.
Users on a mostly Mac environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Linux/FreeBSD setup, administration, performance tuning, monitoring,
maintaining fault tolerance, and account management
* Backups, disaster Recovery management and testing
* Performs application upgrades and updates during change control windows
* Create and maintain up-to-date documentation
* Provide level 2 tech support for users in NY office (light)
* 3+ years experience in a Linux or FreeBSD environment
* Experience with: Apache, Postfix, sudo
* Experience with any virtualization servers (Xen, VMware, Citrix) or cloud
services (Amazon AWS, Rackspace)
* Shell scripting
* Experience with a database system and some SQL (basic queries for
* Team player
Nice to have:
* Some python
* Postgresql experience
* Experience with Samba
* Experience working in a Mac environment
* Juniper firewall or Cisco switches exposure
* Experience with open source configuration management tool (Puppet,
* UNIX/Linux and Windows Active Directory authentication integration
* System monitoring (Nagios, Cacti, HP OpenView, OEM, etc), Monit
* Backup experience.
This is a full time position in New York City; no remote work. 2 weeks
vacation and health insurance.
For consideration please send resume with a brief cover letter and
include salary requirement.
Feel free to write with any questions. For more info about us please see
our site at http://scrollmotion.com/
Please, no recruiters or consulting agencies.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the jobs