[NYCBSDCon] some things to note

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Mon Aug 2 13:02:41 EDT 2010

1.  Cooper Union's ACM and IEEE are both excited about being involved in
the conference.  And not just "paper" endorsements.  They are going to
be holding a meeting with a NYCBUG speaker when school reopens to publicize.

2.  There will be BSD Certification exams during lunch on both Saturday
and Sunday during the conference.

3.  The call for presentations is closed, and we'll announce the
accepted papers by August 15th.  We did not get the usual volume of
submissions, which I'd attribute to a weakness in the publicity for the
CFP and con.  Usually, we barrage lists and sites with news related to
the con, which hasn't been happening, yet.

There some very good submissions though, with new speakers and
interesting, practical topics.

4.  There are regular web site updates happening as things come
together.  If anyone has any comments to the site, hit the list.

5.  We are working out a joint ticket purchasing discount and publicity
with MeetBSD (.com).  Most likely it will be a 10% discount on the cost
for both conferences when you buy the tickets at the same time.  MeetBSD
is in Mountain View, CA during the weekend of November 5-6.