[NYCBSDCon] status of the con

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Mon Sep 13 22:14:00 EDT 2010

We should be releasing the schedule and registration on Wednesday, Sept 15.

We are still waiting on some details from some speakers.

I assume Okan will be ready with registration. . . I did all I could
from the html end, but didn't get to the cgi part.  Hopefully he can.

Once that is done, Mark and GNN should do the BSD Talk interview.

We are in decent shape, AFAIK, with sponsors.  It's still to early to
tell how our budget looks, as we don't know the travel numbers and some
other details.

Then we need to focus on publicity.. . .heavy.

We need someone to do an ACM/IEEE meeting at Cooper during a lunch.  I
will get their logos to put up on our www site.

We are working on more fliers. . . and planning on hitting Maker Faire
heavy Sept 25/26.

Patrick is dealing with the printer and the brochure.  He has an
electronic copy from the past.  We can add the badge to that.

In terms of publicity, we have a list to use.  But internal corporate
lists (esp at heavy tech shops in NYC) should be a big focus.

Download the PDFs, copy at work, and get them to TekServe and other
computer shops.  Corporate bulletin boards.

Some odds and ends, like event insurance and catering are being handled.
  Both of those by Mark.

But we should aim to meet early next week to get things rolling with
publicity.

We have a great conference planned, and now we have to let wider
audiences know about it.