[NYCBSDCon] - Merch (T-Shirts,...stickers perhaps?)

Patrick McEvoy patmcevoy at mac.com
Fri Dec 20 10:47:21 EST 2013

Brian Callahan wrote:

> On 12/18/13 16:40, George Rosamond wrote:
>> Patrick McEvoy:
>>> Wanted to get this ball rolling as January will be here before we
>>> know it.
>>>

>> cool.
>>
>>> T-Shirts:
>>> So I was thinking we have two directions we can go for T-Shirts:
>>>
>>> Front: (Required)
>>> 1 Work from Ike's Logo.
>>>
>>> 2 Work from Ike's Flyer (Probably do not need a QR code, but it MAY look
>>> cool on the sleeve)
>>>

>>> Back: (Not required)
>>> If we go with 2 sided we could have the logos for the 4 main BSDs in
>>> Chronological order. (See attached JPG)
>>>
>> either way.
>>
>> The old tshirt had a small NYC*BUG logo on left breast, with one of
>> these two on back:
>>
>> 1. the logo larger
>>
>> 2. a 'custom' dmesg with little easter eggs in it.
>>
>>> Stickers:
>>> Also, do we want to go with stickers? If so, bumper, CPU case, those
>>> oval country stickers, a BSD Stick-Figure-family?
>> No idea... stick-figure-family?
>>
>> stickers are pretty cheap and easy. . . just the logo, maybe oval, would
>> be cool IMHO. maybe 3" wide?
>>
>>> Just let me know what you guys are looking for and I will get prices and
>>> delivery dates.
>> nice.
>
> Too bad we don't have an official NYC*BUG jingle - then we could get
> shirts with the speakers in them :)

With the right budget, all things are possible. I have a amateur radio
connect to Diana Eng, so we can really go "out there" if you like.

http://www.dianaeng.com/

> I know the new logo was designed to be colored as one wishes, but I'm
> assuming we're sticking with the traditional red for these?

Yes, I think the red and black is the way to go. We are establishing the
NYCBUG brand so why change now. *(gritting teeth through marketing speak)

Meeting with the merch guys on Monday so any ideas are welcome.
Are there any additions of copy? Maybe the "The BSDs in Production." tag
line along with  "NYCBSDCon 2014". Perhaps on the back wit the logos?
Please let me know what you think. I would like to have as solid as
design as possible before I meet the guys Monday. Changes cost money.