[NYCBSDCon] Con Theme Description, (for prospective speakers)

Isaac (.ike) Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Tue Nov 5 13:00:58 EST 2013

Hi All,

While prepping to reach out to some NetBSD folks, I wrote this up- I'd
love some collective OK on it.  (I'd also love any
thoughts/input/direction.)

Best,
.ike

---
A moment to describe the theme of NYC*BSDCON this year, "The BSDs in
Production".

Intended Audience (for Speakers):
Along with bringing the BSD community together, this conference aims to
reach out beyond the *BSD community.  We aim to expose the richness,
maturity, clarity, and influential nature of BSD UNIX to a wider
technical audience.  This is not manifest as pandering to 'convert'
Linux users, but instead, to set a tone and example which simply
exposes the greatness of the BSD family of operating systems.

The expected audience may be comprised of Linux and Solaris veterans,
as well as *BSD people, OS Users and Developers alike.  With that, it's
important to keep in mind that your presentation will be heard by
technical people who may never have actually used BSD UNIX, or at least
not recently.