[NYCBSDCon] speakers

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Wed Nov 6 16:10:37 EST 2013

Isaac (.ike) Levy:

> On November 6, 2013 03:54:24 PM EST, George Rosamond
> <george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:
>
>> Michael W. Lucas:

>>> Is this public yet? Or definite?
>>>
>>> As in, should I start telling people I'm doing a rah-rah-BSD-yeah!
>>> keynote?
>>>

>> I think so...
>>
>> But maybe wait until the line-up is complete and posted online, along
>> with the web site being done.
>>
>> Your blog gets significant traffic, so having something for people to
>> come to matters...
>>
>> Ike: you should post that overview for speakers we conversed about
>> offline... we can work on that here.
>
> I did- Okan put it up here:
> http://www.nycbsdcon.org/2014/speakers.html
>
> Or did you mean something else?

nope... that was it...

But I think we need to get more input and refinement with it.

The point to me is that this is not a series of normal con talks.  It's
not pick your angle.  There's more nuance to it, and it's a departure
from regular *BSDCon presentations.

We want people to get the case for the BSDs in production, not inside
the head of a dev nor some sysadmin's funky solution that could have
been done with any OS.

Illustrating why a BSD was the only option needs to be explicit.  In
NYC, many of us got it with Andrew's ZFS talk, and we need to generalize
it from there.  And it was really only *after* Andrew's talk that the
point really became clear.

This can't just be taken for granted IMHO.