[NYCBSDCon] Exposes (mine + draft of CFE)

Brian Callahan bcallah at devio.us
Tue Nov 12 00:12:34 EST 2013

Hi con people --

As was discussed (and is on the website), during the buffet lunch we'll
be putting on project exposes - tables presenting small, BSD-based
projects from developers and implementers.

With that in mind, here is my expose proposal:
Test drive OpenBSD/MIPS: A live demonstration of a Lemote Yeeloong
(OpenBSD/loongson) and Portwell CAM-0100-7616 (OpenBSD/octeon)--from
embedded to the desktop. Attendees will be able to go hands-on with
these machines, ask questions about OpenBSD and MIPS, and learn how to
get involved with the future of MIPS.

We should also have a CFE, like the CFP (probably should go out in
conjunction with the CFP). Here's a proposed draft for the CFE:

NYCBSDCon will be hosting a series of project exposes--demonstrations of
BSD-based projects from developers and implementers. This is the perfect
opportunity to get users interested and involved, and showcase your BSD
project to a wider audience.
Project exposes will be presented during the buffet lunch and are
designed to be brief, informal conversations. Anyone looking to gain
more exposure are encouraged to submit a brief (one paragraph) summary
of their project.

We could also use my proposal as a template, if needed.

Finally, as discussed with George on IRC, I'm stepping up to be the
coordinator of the exposes as a whole.

~Brian