[NYCBSDCon] presentations

Patrick McEvoy patmcevoy at mac.com
Wed Nov 20 12:52:26 EST 2013

On 11/20/13 10:03 AM, George Rosamond wrote:
> Patrick McEvoy:
>> I would like to ask all presenters to use the same presentation laptop.
>> It would make the transitions between talks go much smoother.
>> Last time we lost some momentum dealing with video sync issues. We could
>> put together a laptop with multiple slide presentation programs and
>> collect the talks from the presenters beforehand. It would make it
>> easier to record the slides during presentations and help the con move
>> smoothly.
>> I would like to talk about this early as to have the presentations run
>> as smoothly as possible and to solicit any additional ideas from
>> presenters
>>

>> Presentations applications would include:
>>
>> Open Office (NeoOffice if Presentation machine is a Mac)
>
> LibreOffice is pretty much the standard now AFAIK, and it runs on OSX
>
>> MS Office (PowerPoint)
>> KeyNote (Again if Presentation machine is a Mac)
>> Adobe Acrobat Reader (and additional PDF readers if requested)
>
> MagicPoint :)
>

>> Additional:
>> -Connection to the internet for Google slides and any additional online
>> presentation options.
>>
>> ** Please add your thoughts.
>
> I can see the logic, but this may be hard to pull off.  What if they
> want to go to console to show something?

Glad you mentioned that, I wanted to offer to pre-record some canned
video for anyone who wants it. That way we can get examples for actual
"BSDs in Production" without having people reinventing the wheel for a
presentation. I want to get as much of this done pre-con to smooth out
any wrinkles ahead of time.
Glad I kicked off this thread though. Looks like we are getting some
good ideas.