[NYCBSDCon] VBSDCon note! -Fliers

Patrick McEvoy patmcevoy at mac.com
Mon Oct 21 16:23:11 EDT 2013

On 10/21/13 11:35 AM, George Rosamond wrote:
> Isaac (.ike) Levy:
>>
>> On October 21, 2013 11:05:49 AM EDT, Patrick McEvoy <patmcevoy at mac.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Do we have fliers? Do we have a flier design?
>>> If so, do you have space for a QR code?
>>> Attached is a .png of the QR code for the URL below.
>>> I used a simple online QR code maker.

>> I can whip up one or two flyers tonight.
>> Not sure what
>>
>> Content Reqs. Checklist:
>> [ ] Logo
>> [ ] QR Code (what Patrick attached)
>> [ ] Text Place: "New York City" (not full address)
>> [ ] Text Date (Febuary, 1 2014)
>> [ ] Text "One day Event, The BSDs in Production"
>> [ ] Text "www.nycbsdcon.org"
>>
>> --
>> - Assuming 8.5x11/Kinkos
>>   - Quarter page version
>>   - Full page version
>>   - Good printable for Black and White (cheap/fast)
>>
>> Any other comments/thoughts, post em' here.
>
> IMHO, no need for QR code.

Not to be argumentative, but I like the idea of it as it gets eyeballs
on the website with the least amount or resistance. - Point and click
and you are looking at our newest offerings on the con site. With all
the activity at a conference, I think we could get more sticking-power.
For con attendees who are being bombarded by all things BSD it is harder
for them to remember things, all they would need to do is bookmark the
site and take it from there. Also, with all the changes to the con,
having as much consistency as possible would be helpful.