[NYCBSDCon] Independent Hardware Manufacturers

Okan Demirmen okan at demirmen.com
Wed Sep 18 10:00:57 EDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Isaac (.ike) Levy
<ike at blackskyresearch.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> While it's on my mind, I'd like to reach out to Pascal from PCEngines.ch, to
> see if they'd like to be involved in the Con in some way.  For those who
> don't know them, they've been enormously supportive in the past- of
> NYCBSDCon, and BSD UNIX in general.  I see these independent hardware
> manufacturers as being special and important to the BSD community.  For
> projects like PFSense, their role is critical, in fact.
>
> Without opening us up to BS vendor-driven-conference junk, I would like to
> open up to them for input, (email below).
>
> Does anyone object to me reaching out?

Not at all.  I think your mail does it well too.

> If no objections, does anyone have any direct contacts at Soekris?  I'd
> really love to see them involved in a similar way.

Not me, but it would be a good idea; if no one else, try Soren himself.

Remember though, we don't have a ton of floor space - we should even
out hardware vendor vs ISP vs book people vs project corner vs "play
with xyz here" tables...basically, someone (a volunter here) should
own "space management" inside Suspenders, or something like that.