[NYCBSDCon] Independent Hardware Manufacturers

Isaac (.ike) Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Wed Sep 18 12:39:32 EDT 2013

On September 18, 2013 11:28:50 AM EDT, Bill Totman
<billtotman at billtotman.com> wrote:

> On 9/18/13 10:06 AM, "Isaac (.ike) Levy" <ike at blackskyresearch.net> wrote:
>

>> On September 18, 2013 10:00:57 AM EDT, Okan Demirmen
>> <okan at demirmen.com> wrote:

>>> Not at all.  I think your mail does it well too.

>>> Not me, but it would be a good idea; if no one else, try Soren himself.
>>
>> Cool- if the Netgate/BSD Perimiter folks don't have Soekris
>> connections, I'll go straight there...
>>

>>> Remember though, we don't have a ton of floor space - we should even
>>> out hardware vendor vs ISP vs book people vs project corner vs "play
>>> with xyz here" tables...basically, someone (a volunter here) should
>>> own "space management" inside Suspenders, or something like that.
>>
>> I'll happily own "Space Management", as a part of dealing with the venue.
>>
>> Next week I think I'll go to Suspenders and get the general
>> dimensions/tables availability mapped out.
>> (Anyone join me for a drink while I'm at it? :)
>>
>> But as far as reaching out goes, please everyone feel free to reach out
>> to vendors/manufacturers- I don't want to bottleneck anything on this
>> front...
>>
>> Rocket-
>> .ike

> In the same vein as hardware venders + *BSD, shouldn't we have at least
> one speaking touching on *BSD on ARM/etc.?
>
> Furthermore, such a presentation could be a play into the next Con,
> presuming we expect sufficient interest therein.
>
> -bt

I'm against directly giving any vendor the floor, but anyone with a
commit bit- on any of the projects- is certainly welcome to speak on
relevant topics- no matter where they work.  As long as it's not a
sales or recruiting spiel.

This, to me, has always been the NYC*BUG line, and an important one.

Are you thinking of anyone in particular?

Best,
.ike