[NYCBSDCon] survey for the conference

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Mon Jan 13 09:04:03 EST 2014

In order to begin planning for the next day conference in the future, I
thought it would be useful to circulate some sort of form for attendees
for this one.

The content in this rough draft explains it well enough.  Feedback welcome:

As you are aware, the theme of this NYCBSDCon is the "BSDs in Production."

We intend to continue hosting day conferences focused on various angles
of interest to the *BSD community and beyond in upcoming events.  Note
that while we view our primary audience as *BSD users, we also want to
see a wider net cast into the broader technical community.  We feel the
*BSDs are too relevant to be kept a secret.

On that note, we would like your input.

*  What are the other themes you would like to see covered at future events?

*  Are there topics that your co-workers or others in your technical
network might be interested in?  Consider the needs of your own
workplace environment, and even the day-to-day technical discussions you
engage in.

Examples might include:

*  *BSDs in the era of resurging and inexpensive ARM, MIPS and PPC SoCs

*  The *BSDs and the network perimeter

*  The *BSDs as the base of commercial appliances

Please take some time to give this some thought throughout the day.  The
better the input attendees provide, the more relevant we can keep future
conferences.