audience

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Tue Jan 28 10:47:43 EST 2014

Michael W. Lucas:
> Now that we have some tickets being sold:
>
> Any idea what our audience looks like? Previous years have been BSD
> people, but it seems like you're really working the outreach this year.
>
> I'm working on my slides, throwing things around, and trying to decide
> if I'm speaking to BSD or Linux folks. Will change the material I
> present.

Someone's paying attention!

I was actually going through the registrations this morning, and it's
interesting that half the registrants haven't been to a NYC*BUG meeting
before.

I'd guess that translates into about half are not regular BSD users, and
are very much a different audience than in past years.  I wouldn't
assume they are not technical, however.

Early next week I'll give more updates...