[Semibug] handout slides from Tuesday

Jeffrey Marraccini marraccini at acm.org
Fri Jul 22 13:48:14 EDT 2016

Thank you very much, Josh, and all of you, for a great meeting!  I am glad to help, and hopefully Altairians will start joining our meetings.

Have a super weekend,

Jeff

On 7/21/16, 20:35, "Semibug on behalf of Josh Grosse" <semibug-bounces at lists.nycbug.org on behalf of josh at jggimi.homeip.net> wrote:

    On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 04:43:14PM -0400, Michael W. Lucas wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > One week from tonight, Josh Grosse is presenting on OpenBSD
    > ports. Altair Engineering, 7PM.
    >
    > Should be a great talk. He's made, like, actual slides and stuff.

    Michael was correct.  I brought some slides.  And some live,
    actual xterm windows, and even a browser for a brief moment.

    To set things up I actually used the example software I discussed
    on the slides.  I needed it to be able to use the browser, and
    ssh out to my remote Email client to show the automated Email
    I'd received about my outdated port.

    ---

    I'm very grateful for everyone's interest, questions, and comments.
    It was an extremely lively discussion, and we needed two long tables
    for the apres-meeting festivities next door.

    If anyone wants a copy of the slides in simple handout form,
    or if Michael wants to insert them on the website, it's availalble
    until I either accidentally or intentionally delete it from:

       http://jggimi.homeip.net/semibug.pdf

    ---

    My thanks to Jeff and Altair for providing the amazing facilities,
    but even more for his graciousness as host.  Hands down, outstanding.

       -Josh-