[Semibug] Upgrade vs reinstall

Jeffrey David Marraccini jeff at nucleus.mi.org
Tue Aug 29 13:49:55 EDT 2017

Personally I prefer to reinstall, but I orchestrate my personal stuff
using Ansible so it is not a big deal.  I'd highly recommend checking
out Ansible or a similar orchestration language.  That and having the
ability to keep your personal data contained in one file system that can
be quickly backed up / restored (ZFS is awesome, tarsnap, etc.) gives
huge flexibility.  I easily moved from FreeBSD to OpenBSD by doing
this.  I'd be glad to share more after my trips if useful to you, Mark.