[Semibug] ubiquiti edge-router Lite

Valenti, John valenti at msu.edu
Tue Dec 18 20:47:53 EST 2018

I thought Ubiquiti has been in the news several times over the last 18 months for crappy code?
(maybe I'm confusing with Mikrotik?)   I certainly had no faith in the stock software since it offered PPTP, which lots of people say is a no-no.  But I'm not a crypto guy, maybe the linux people fixed it?

Personally I would rather have 150Mb of good solid OpenBSD security than 950Mbs of "binary blob". But my home internet is a 2.5Mbs DSL, maybe I shouldn't be commenting.   The hardware does seem pretty good.
John Valenti