[Semibug] backup files over serial console

Mark Moellering markmoellering at psyberation.com
Sat Mar 16 21:50:42 EDT 2019

I am trying to put OpenBSD on an ubiquiti edgerouter - 4.  I was able to
install it on a EdgeRouter-Lite but that was easier, as I could open the
case and everything was installed on a USB stick.
the EdgeRouter-4 cannot be opened (or I haven't figure out how).  I am
pretty sure I can install OpenBSD but I would like to try and make a backup
of the software first.

As near as I can tell, this needs to be done over the serial cable.  I
really can't figure out how to do this.  I read the cu man page and it says:

Copy file from remote to local.  The *cu* utility prompts first for
	     the name of the file to be	sent, then for a command to be exe-
	     cuted on the remote machine.

I have no idea what this means...    I am more of a programmer who
uses FreeBSD / openBSD
than a sysadmin, so I am pretty lost at this point.  Can someone
explain what this means or how to
backup directories, etc over the console?  Or is there another /
better way to do this?

Thanks

Mark