[Semibug] upgrading OpenBSD

Joe Gidi joe at entropicblur.com
Sun Oct 6 16:43:12 EDT 2019

> I remember Nick Holland doing a demo on how easy it was to upgrade
> OpenBSD to the latest version.  Am I misremembering or is there
> something easier than what is mentioned in the online handbook?
>

> Thanks
>

> Mark

Starting with the upcoming 6.6 release, you'll be able to upgrade with the
'sysupgrade' command:

http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article;sid=20191003065609
https://man.openbsd.org/sysupgrade

sysupgrade will download the new version and upgrade your system
automagically. After rebooting into 6.6, you'll want to run 'sysmerge' to
merge/update any config files that have changed, and run 'pkg_add -u' to
upgrade any installed packages.

Before you start, be sure to review the upgrade guide for any items that
need special attention:

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade66.html

--

Joe Gidi
joe at entropicblur.com

"You cannot buy skill." -- Ross Seyfried