[Semibug] OpenVPN hates ssh

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Thu May 28 16:26:47 EDT 2020

The behavior makes me think your SSH traffic starts being sent over a
route different from where it was initiated, so incoming data like the
"write" responses are coming in through the old path but new outgoing
data is being sent some different path. I suggest running tcpdump on all
interfaces you can think of including the client tunnel interface, the
openvpn server tunnel interface, and on the server you are trying to ssh
to. Eventually SSH gets fed up with lack of working bidirectional
communication and declares the session broken.