[Semibug] Recommend online backup service ?

Josh Grosse josh at jggimi.net
Fri Aug 27 06:34:55 EDT 2021

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 05:12:12PM -0400, Michael W. Lucas wrote:

> Definitely look at tarsnap.
>
> It's the only commercial thing I've written about in the last twelve
> years, because it's that good.

I use tarsnap also, and use two additional tools with it:

   * tarsnap-gui on my laptop.  I'm the port/package maintainer on
     OpenBSD.  The tarsnap team produced this add-on after Michael's
     book, Tarsnap Mastery, was published.

   * https://github.com/alexjurkiewicz/acts.  ACTS: Another Calander-based
     Tarsnap Script.  Michael's book discussed it.  It has been ported to
     OpenBSD; the port is available within the contrib/ directory and is
     also available from the OpenBSD WIP repository:
     https://github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip