[Semibug] Router / Routing questions

Mark Moellering markmoellering at psyberation.com
Wed Jan 20 12:11:11 EST 2021

Everyone,

at home, I have a two networks, a wired network, which is on 192.168.1.0
and a wireless network on 192.168.2.0, which is handled by a Linksys
WRT1900ACS.

The network map looks like this

ISP/Outside Internet

Firewall

Wired Hub / switch  --> Wired Network [192.168.1.0]

Linksys Wireless Router

Wireless Network [192.168.2.0]

I want to be able to set firewall rules for specific devices on the
wireless network.  The Linksys has three modes, NAT, Dynamic Routing
(RIP) , and Static Routing.  I know NAT doesn't work but should I try to
set up RIP on the Firewall (OpenBSD based), or just try and use Static
Routing?

Any help / thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark