[Semibug] Pledge and Jitsi on OpenBSD

Jonathan Drews jondrews at fastmail.com
Tue Jun 29 14:54:00 EDT 2021

Guys and Gals:

 I have run into a big difficulty with using Jitsi on OpenBSD. When I
attempt to share my desktop through Jitsi, then Firefox crashes. I get
the following report in my dmesg output:

firefox[17370]: pledge "", syscall 289

I am sure this is due to pledge (man -s 2 pledge) and I have no way of
fixing this. My only solution is to share the desktop from a Linux
computer, in able to make a presentation. Any suggestions would be
welcome. I am really hesitant to disable pledge.

 Other than the crash caused by sharing my desktop, Jitsi works fine
on OpenBSD.

--
Kind regards,
Jonathan