[Semibug] Install webstore on OpenBSD Server

BCLUG admin at bclug.ca
Tue Jul 25 20:23:09 EDT 2023

Jonathan Drews wrote on 2023-07-22 22:25:

> My current webstore is getting to coo complicated. It's Shopify. They
> keep adding features I do not want.

Then don't use them?

I realize they could be mandatory, so the above comment is a bit
flippant, but their mere existence shouldn't matter.

> Anyway, I can buy an inexpensive mini-tower with an SSD and an Intel
> Quad Core processor for $100.00. I can install OpenBSD and use Httpd
> as the webserver. The hard part is finding software that displayes the
> merchandise and is linked to a shopping cart. Do youu guys know of any
> premade websites I can purchase that have displays for merchadise, a
> shopping cart and a checkout?

I think there are plugins for WordPress, Drupal, and Django to do that,
once an account with a payment processor is configured.

Don't forget domain purchase, DNS entries, LetsEncrypt, port forwarding
at the router, etc.  All relatively easy.

rb