[Semibug] Install webstore on OpenBSD Server

CAREY SCHUG sqrfolkdnc at comcast.net
Thu Jul 27 18:35:15 EDT 2023

VMs are more secure than different userids.  malware that measures timings on conditional execution can determine the contents of memory belonging to another user within that instance (maybe containing somebody else's password).

DO NOT EVER compare Intel VM to mainframe VM.  x86 is not 100% vitualizable.  The host has to know what you are running to fake some stuff out.

On a mainframe, even back in the beginning, I can take any install medium and build a virtual system that cannot tell it is running virtual except by a timing loop (run a complex 100000 instruction loop say, 100 times, unless each run is exactly the same duration, you are running virtual).  And most hardware platforms could virtualize previous generations of hardware.

<pre>--Carey</pre>