[nycbug-talk] Deadly.org

michael lists
Thu Apr 8 09:04:01 EDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 22:20:15 -0400
"G. Rosamond" <george at sddi.net> wrote:

> it looks like the main OBSD news site is really gone. . .it wasn't
> just an April Fool's joke. . .

.. have you seen this yet?

 OBSDJ -  your resource for all OpenBSD news
http://obsdj.baselabs.org/

( from his ABOUT page )

When a joke becomes ... kind off serious ...

On April 1, 2004 the maintainers of deadly.org apparantly decided to
terminate their involvement in spreading the news regarding OpenBSD
related topics. At that point, I responded with an April fools' joke in
reply to their at that moment believed to be April Fools' joke. After a
few days, it seemed that their decision was a reality and deadly.org was
no more.

So I decided to pick up where they left off, and offer some of my spare
time and resources to people who still wanted to provide content for the
topic. This site will grow on a by-popular-demand basis. Step 1 is to
publish articles again, next steps might include comments, archives,...
We'll see as we move along. This site will be a joined effort by all who
want to contribute.

If you want to help out, you can pick up any of these roles: provide
content by submitting a post through the submission form, help out with
the design of the site by proposing better CSS stylesheets or just
submit ideas and suggestions regarding how the site might be improved in
any way.

You can contact us regarding this site through the submission form, or
by email to obsdj at christophe.vg.

--
---