[nycbug-talk] Hardware purchases, New. . .

G. Rosamond george
Tue Apr 13 23:36:22 EDT 2004

Okay. . .let's start a new one. . .

for any quick hardware purchases, obviously avoid Home Depot, if
possible.

Seriously, CompUSA is to be avoided at all costs, as is RCS, outright
criminals even if you have a corporate account.  Dealt with the later
for many years on and off, but never was treated like a human. . .Even
when my firm at the time was going to do a private placement for them,
ie, raise funds for investment.

My small time clone, parts, etc. shop is GCS. . .General Service and
Computers, 5th floor at 10 W 37th street b/w 5th & 6th. . .212-594-1074

I have dealt with them for almost 10 years on and off. . .There's a
young guy Louis who's very cool, who was moving to BSD but got stuck
somewhere else.

Their prices are very good, and their hardware guy is sharp on lots of
stuff.

Tell them I sent you, and they'll be nicer. . .

Have them fax you a price list to get a sense of what they have. . .