[nycbug-talk] Survey for upcoming 'Hacking iBook'

Isaac Levy ike
Tue Apr 20 11:45:01 EDT 2004

Hi Aron,

On Apr 20, 2004, at 10:39 AM, Aron Roberts wrote:

> How is this specific to the iBook if there it nothing hardware
> specific? I could see maybe XFree config files under NetBSD or
> something being iBook specific. Is the iBook just the box you picked
> to name the talk or is there more to it?

Nah- 'Hacking your iBook' is just a general name to allude to the mass
of iBooks seen at Open Source, Developer, and Hacking conferences
etc...  There's gotta be a good reason more folks are running Apple
kits...

http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/04/04/07/2013255.shtml?
tid=107&tid=126&tid=156&tid=187

With that stated, it's not going to be a talk that is limited to iBooks
at all- it's about hacking and making stuff with
Darwin/BSD/MacOSX/Apple Machines etc...  The info presented will be
applicable on hardware from XServes to iBooks to Powerbooks to G5
machines, and even to X86 since Darwin runs on X86...

The general aim for audience would be *NIX folks who are curious about
hacking apple stuff, or have an apple machine and want the low-down on
mad hacking- but esp. after the last lecture, (Apple Engineers), there
will be little to no info on hardware and Apple stuff- and more about
making/hacking stuff... <g>

Rocket-
.ike