[nycbug-talk] Re: Women in Open Source (fwd)

Dru dlavigne6
Mon Aug 2 20:30:58 EDT 2004

A few months ago, I was asked to partake in an email survey, the results
of which are to be officially published tomorrow (and later in a print
magazine) at:

http://pyre.third-bit.com/wios/

My final feedback to the surveyor (and their response) follows. Personally, I
find the results alarming and am interested in hearing the perspective from
the group.

While it won't come out in the article, it did bring up another slant that
should be pursued (though I don't know how yet...) The uninformed perception
re: open source and geekdom seems to be unfairly tainted by slashdot moronics
and programmer tantrums. I've found the perception of BSD to be far more
mature. Sounds like some sort of opportunity here.

Comments?

Dru