[nycbug-talk] Future Meeting: AMP on BSD

Charles Sprickman spork
Thu Aug 5 13:10:54 EDT 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Hans Zaunere wrote:

> I'll be giving a presentation on AMP (Apache/MySQL/PHP) running under
> BSD on Sept. 1st.  I wanted to ping this list to get some feedback about
> what general topics I should cover.
>
> What do people want to learn about... any feedback would be appreciated.

I'd love to hear more about how to make mysql run right.  It's an ongoing
issue that comes up on the lists, and I for one still see issues under
moderate load with Linux Threads and the "skip-name-resolve" option.

Also some good tips on configuring php beyond the port build; what do you
recommend changing in the stock php.ini, what are some performance tips,
and which of the various accellerators do you find work best
(turck-mmcache looked good, but that project apparently died)?

Thanks,

Charles