[nycbug-talk] NYCBUG Mailing Lists

Jan Schaumann jschauma
Tue Aug 10 16:31:03 EDT 2004

Hans Zaunere <hans at nyphp.com> wrote:

> > > The Announce and Talk mailing lists have been combined, and every
> > > subscribed to Talk is on Announce.  From this point forward,
> > > announcements will only be posted to the Announce list.
> >
> > I'm not sure I understand this.  Why would announce and talk be
> > combined?  If they were combined, why would combining them imply that
> > they should be seeded with that talk-subscribers?
>
> If you're on talk, and announcements are posted to talk as they have
> been, wouldn't you want to be on announce where announcements will be
> posted from now on?

I might, but I also might not.  Changes in mailing lists should be
handled very carefully -- the only time seeding an ML with the previous
subscribers is close to foolproof is if the ML has been renamed.

I understood your message to mean that I am now subscribed to two lists
(which is why I got the message twice): talk and announce.  This seems
to contradict the notion of these two being combined.

But I may just be confused...

-Jan

--
If you can read this, you're not the president.