[nycbug-talk] Flash petition 479 and counting. . .

Bob Ippolito bob
Fri Aug 20 13:14:43 EDT 2004

On Aug 20, 2004, at 12:34 PM, Jeff Knight wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:28:48 -0400, Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com>
> wrote:
>> With all those great existing interactive applications and development
>> tools for SVG, how could you possibly go wrong?  :P
>
> By holding your breath for Flash?

Ok, so instead of cheaply developing an application (with win32/mac)
that works on linux/mac/win32 and several embedded devices, I should
train designers and interactive developers to use SVG development tools
that well, don't exist...  and deploy it with some browser plugin that
isn't quite there yet?

SVG makes sense as a replacement for say, EPS files for browser
consumption, but it's no Flash killer at this point.

-bob