[nycbug-talk] g4u

Kevin Reiter tux
Sat Aug 21 13:47:35 EDT 2004

: and for us people who want to mass-produce BSD-type servers....
:
: PFU (Pretty F-ing Useless)

Why is that?  It has the ability to use a secured connection to the server,
plus it reads UFS, so why wouldn't it be useful for imaging BSD boxen?  I
tested it on my mail server and my web server, and it did both fairly
quickly.  I burned the images onto a bootable CD with the client binary and
a small script, and now all I have to do is boot to the CD and it
automatically loads the image after booting.  AFAIK it couldn't get any
simpler...

-Kevin